Nose Correction Heidelberg
Nose correction methods
Nose correction surgery techniques
Nose correction by plastic surgeons
For rhinoplastic surgery, there are two classic methods. Depending on the extent of the intervention, the surgeon will opt either for open or for closed rhinoplasty.
- Closed Rhinoplasty: In closed rhinoplasty, the surgeon uses special instruments to advance through the nostrils into the inside of the nose. Most rhinoplasty operations are performed in this way.
- Open rhinoplasty: If a better overview is necessary and advantageous for the result, open nasal surgery will be recommended to you. The incisions are located in the columella and are barely visible afterwards.
During rhinoplastic surgery, existing malformations are removed or structures formed. Here cartilage produced naturally by the body, e.g. taken from a rib, may be used as building material.
Rhinoplasty is usually performed under general anesthesia. In case of minor surgery, sedation is also possible, the patient is then in a medically monitored half-sleep..
Competent specialists for rhinoplasty
Years of experience and a strong sense of esthetics are what makes a good plastic surgeon. The idea of a perfect nose will always depend on the patient’s individual situation.
In the planning of your surgery, existing structures of the nose bridge, nasal septum, the cartilage of the nose tip and the proportions of your face will be taken into consideration.
The computer-based simulation allows graphical representation to show how close your nose will come to the desired ideal. Often even small interventions may result in big changes.
Nose correction (rhinoplasty) techniques at a glance
- General anesthesia or sedation
- Closed rhinoplasty
- Open rhinoplasty
- Smoothing, shaping, filling of existing structures
- Use of body cartilage possible
- Temporary splinting and tamponade of the nose to protect the surgical results